Monday 14 September 2015

Updated skincare routine!

I've been obsessing over Caroline Hirons recently... Not sure why didn't I start following her blog more religiously earlier, but it's better late than never. Pop over to her blog's side bar for cheat sheets on different skin conditions, and how to build up your routine!

Here's what I've been doing thus far, and my skin seems to be loving it :)
My morning routine is just a simplified version of my night time routine!

A.M.

Cleanse - Physiogel Cleanser, wipe off with clean flannel. Use something preferably non-foaming, a milk/balm/gel is fine. If I find my face a little greasy, I'd switch to my cleansing balm instead.

Exfoliate - Usually an acid toner would be recommended in this step, but I'd skip it in the mornings as my skin is really pretty sensitive. I'd however use a gentle exfoliating treatment like the La Roche Posay Effaclar K [+].

Spray hydrate - La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water

Serums/Oils - 1-2 drops of Clarins Lotus Facial Treatment Oil

Spot treatment - Thursday Plantation 100% Tea Tree Oil on a cotton bud

Moisturiser - Derm's moisturiser

Sunscreens - I'd do up another post on it!


P.M.





First Cleanse - La Roche Posay Micellar Water



Second Cleanse
- Banila & Co. Clean It Zero, wipe off with clean flannel (can use the same one from the morning but discard it into the washbag after this use.) This product does contain mineral oil, which C,Hirons would totally frown upon but it works for me! So I'm not changing it as of now. It is not readily available in SG, but you can purchase it at Changi Airport Duty-free when you're flying or Qoo-10!

Acid Tone/Exfoliate - First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads are really great! They are gentle and do the job of exfoliating very well. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner, this I use only 2-3 times a week although it feels really gentle as I find that using it too frequently messes with my skin.


Clay Mask - Innisfree Super volcanic clay mousse pack or Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay (w Raw Honey and a few drops of TTO) a few times a week after my second cleanse.


Spray hydrate - Spritz La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water. 2 times a week I'd pat in Hada Labo SHA Lotion (Light) instead or when my skin feels extra dehydrated. (Effaclar K [+] and TTO are from the A.M. routine)


To combat breakouts, I'd alternate between Differin and Epiduo (both prescription only) and apply it topically all over my face. A good alternative for these would be Benzac AC 2.5% Water-based gel which is available at all pharmacies, it is also manufactured by Galderma hehe.


Serums/Oils - Currently testing out Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate, and loving it so far. It absorbs really quickly and is very light-weight. I'm also looking for a good Vit C serum to add into my routine, so if any of you have any recommendations, do drop me an email!


Moisturiser - Laneige Water Sleeping Mask is my all-time favourite. One that I did not expect to fall in love with, due to all the hype surrounding it but I did. After I'm done with the above, I'd stick some Nexcare Acne Patch on any spots before going to bed.


Lip balm - Not forgetting your lips, here's my favourite Dior Lip Glow because you'll wake up with soft and pink lips hehe.

That's all for my current skincare routine!
Have a great week ahead, thanks for reading!

With love,
A

No comments: